Saturday, September 28, 2013

What do you mean they are doing an exorcism?!


Things have been continuing to get better every week. Swelling, pain, sleeping, eating, energy levels and activity levels have all been improving as well. Well for the most part…
This last weekend I had to completely stop with any activity that could have increased my blood pressure. Friday night when I was eating my dinner I noticed that I could only taste my food with the very left side of my tongue, and the rest of my tongue felt numb. When I emailed Dr. Gunson’s assistant Renee she called me right away and told me that Dr. Gunson wanted me to stop doing anything that could increase my swelling. Because the nerve that allows you to taste is located in the area where structural changes were made he was worried that it had been damaged during the surgery. (That has never happened to any of his patients before so he was very worried). After spending the entire weekend on the couch some of the taste started to come back. I also had to brush my tongue extra well and start using Listerine mouth wash. At my last appointment Dr. Gunson concluded that the taste loss is due to me biting down on a section of my gums in the back of my mouth. It is something that should resolve itself when the rest of my swelling goes down. Yay, I’ll get to taste again! For now I just try to only have food on the left side of my mouth so I can actually taste it. I have also been dealing with some ear issues because of swelling and changes made to my eustachian tubes during surgery. My left side refuses to pop causing pain and difficulty hearing. The surgical information that I have says that this is normal, so I am hoping it will go away.

The hook underneath my lower teeth started becoming a bit of an issue this week. It had started sticking forward and was causing my lip to get irritated. I had to dig it out of my lip a few times because the tissue had swollen completely around it. It was not comfortable. Dr. Gunson fixed it for meJ He twisted it back into place, but it hurt when he did. It was a hard sensation to describe… so just use your imagination… He twisted a wire that is sticking out of my bone in an area that was already irritated.  I’m really not looking forward to getting the hook taken out in a few months…

So you are probably wondering what the title of this blog is about…

My mom and I drove to Santa Maria for a night so that I could go to the Healing Rooms of Santa Maria. (A Christian church organization where people can meet with pastors to pray for healing of any type of condition. A relative had told us about them and we figured it wouldn't hurt to go.) It is a good thing that we went in with an open mind, and had no real expectations. It started out with a worship session and a quick message. The pastor was a little all over the place and lost me a few times, but the overall message was good. (Ask and you shall receive, just keep faith). After this was all over the few people that had come were individually called back into the prayer rooms to meet with pastors. The two pastors that I met with were a married couple and very sweet.  The talked to me about the various things that I wanted to pray about and then spent time praying over me. Here is where things got interesting… The people in the room next door started yelling and shouting very loudly. The pastors in my room could see that my mom and I were both wondering what the heck was going on in the other room so the husband explained, “Oh they just have a little bit of a demon over there, the woman came in with a possession.” He acted like it was no big deal! I don’t know about any of you but that stuff freaks me out! You can’t just sit there and calmly tell me I am feet away from a demon! The shouting continued for the majority of my prayer session. If that demon stuff wasn't weird enough, the wife (who was the one doing the praying) started praying about problems that I was experiencing that I hadn't even told her… it was so strange. I had told her about the surgery, and the loss of feeling in my lip and chin, but then she started praying about my numbness in my tongue and my ears! This lady wasn't a medical professional or anything like that so I don’t know how she could have known that I was having those problems… Over all I am happy that I went, so for any Christian people who travel to the Santa Maria area you should give them a try. 

The wonderful Dr. Gunson and his assistant Renee. :) Absolutely love these two. 

1 comment: