Thursday, September 5, 2013

Week 1

           On August 27th I had my week one post op appointment. Due to all of the medications I was on at this point I don’t remember much from the appointment. All I remember is that Dr. Gunson checked my bite and incisions. The real excitement from this day was after my appointment.


          Before coming in I had been noticing some pain in my left calf, and it was only getting worse every day. When I told Dr. Gunson about the leg pain he called up the doctor who did my pre surgery physical and the doctor had me go and get an ultra sound of my leg. The ultrasound revealed that I had a blood clot in one of the veins in my left calf. I’m the second patient in Dr. Gunson’s history with this practice which says a lot considering he has had hundreds of patients. Having a blood clot is pretty scary for me because my family knew woman who died from a blood clot, and I also had a friend pass in high school from a blood clot. I was immediately put on a blood thinner that I have to take for the next six months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment