Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tuesdy and Wednesday


I’m finally feeling alright enough to post again!

I have a whole week to cover, and let me tell you, it was an eventful week.

TUESDAY

               Tuesday I had my physical with and my pre-admit at the hospital. The physical was just your everyday physical examination, nothing special. They took my vitals, listened to my heart, bowels and my breathing, palpated my abdomen and checked for swelling in my glands. All the usual checks to make sure I was healthy for surgery. It was an all-around fast and easy appointment.

               After the physical was over my parents and I walked over to Goleta Cottage Hospital. There we met with a case manager to do the pre-admit paper work, and paid for the hospital bill in advance. Then we were taken to the post-operative area of the hospital. One of my nurses met with me to go over more paper work. (I am a Nurse Assistant so I am used to all of the medical paperwork, and how long it can take to admit someone). Eventually two separate people from the lab came to do two individual blood draws to run multiple tests. I also had to give a urine sample.  After the blood draws were done, money paid, and all of the paper work was filled out we left the hospital.

               Later we went and walked down the mall at the end of State St. (I got a big sun hat for after surgery since I have to stay in the shade), and went out for a tasty lunch at Jane.

WEDNESDAY

               Wednesday was my free day! Knowing that it would be a while until the next time I’d be able to go out and have some fun we tried to make the most of the day. We set up a super comfy recliner for me to sleep in that my dad bought in the living room by the TV. We also ran a bunch of errands to make sure we had everything we would need for a few days at the house so that no one would have to leave me at home. Stocking up on plenty of coconut water, Gatorade, 7Up, grape juice, rice milk, broth and other “strained” soups.

               I insisted on have a really good dinner for my last solid meal. We all got dressed up in “smart casual” (whatever the heck that means) clothes and drove to Goleta to have a “steak dinner”. I ended up getting a steak stroganoff (I love me some stroganoff) and my parents both got steaks, and we got cheesy potato skins and snap peas for sides. It was an awesome last meal.

               After dinner we drove to one of the state park beaches so that I could walk and collect a few more sea shells. (I have a ton, now I just need to figure out what to do with them). We got to see a beautiful sunset and a huge harvest moon. I took it as a good sign for my surgery the next day.

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for incredibly time consuming things to do with sea shells, I may be able to help. If you have a needle (or large safety pin) and patience, you can bore a hole into them to make jewelry. I did this once in high school so I know it can be done. You could also sew them onto a small purse, make a headband/hair clip with some hot glue (or make a jewelry box or picture frame). You guys should head to a Michael's if you're feeling inspired!

    ReplyDelete